Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Badbird: Pleasantly Suprised

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Pleasantly Suprised

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our second time on the Carnival Dream, the first time we were disappointed, food was not good. This time all was great. Seemed longer to board but all went smoothly, food much better than before even the buffet. My only dislike was the coffee, it was way too strong and bitter even when watered down so I just drank hot tea instead.

We had a nice room on level 2 with a balcony, very spacious room, lots of closet space, very clean, comfortable bed. All shows were great, and we especially enjoyed the Comedy Club. On the LIdo deck there were plenty of chairs and loungers. We enjoyed the serenity area too but I preferred the main pool area because I like to see what is happening and I enjoy listening to music or watching something on the large outdoor screen. There were lots of activities of all kinds, different music so there was something for everyone.

Nassau was the first stop, we did not do a planned excursion, just went to the straw market and did a little More shopping, remember to barter ! Seems everything starts out at $60.00 and you can get it for $25.00. St. Thomas was gorgeous, we took an island tour, crazy driving but fun. The roads are narrow and steep, had a fun driver that pointed out all the sights, pulled over for pictures and shopping, took about 3 hrs. St. Marteen was even more beautiful, we took another island tour, this time in air conditioning, very beautiful but crowded due to 5 ships being docked at the same time. The french side was especially crowded and we preferred the Dutch side. The weather was beautiful, hot and still humid for Nov. but tolerable. Nice shop people, nice people on the cruise.

We had our doubts about Carnival so I didn't have high expectations. We were pleasantly surprised at what a great time we had, even won a little $$ in the casino. For anyone afraid to sail Carnival I say give them another chance, you won't be disappointed. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>