“Never Cruise Again”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

First I need to say that I was very excited to go on this cruise....I had heard so many raves about cruising, the food, the fun, etc. We had never been on a cruise and let me tell you .... I am not sure we will ever cruise again.

The food on this ship was terrible!! Hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken nuggets for lunch by the pool! Terrible...not one dessert that was good except the chocolate melting pot..the cakes were dry, most desserts were some type of jello or pudding. Fish entrees at dinner DRY DRY DRY...the Caesar dressing tasted fishy! way too much anchovies. It was like eating at a college cafeteria..in fact possibly worse. As far as activities go..unless you like to gamble, go to bars or drink there aren't any! $20 just to play bingo by the pool!

The only positive thing I can say is that our cabin steward was FABULOUS - Deway was friendly, knew our names from the 1st night, made us little towel animals each night when he made down our beds, kept our room spotless!

Nassau was fabulous...went to the RUI Palace for the day

• Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Simple room....interior...we had a roll away as well as two twin beds....nice location on the ship...

Port

Tourist trap! Get off the ship to vendors...unless you take a taxi 18 miles to the town you pretty much are stuck!

Read 1,076 Freeport Reviews
Port

We did not do any of the optional excursions the ship offered but instead went to the RIU Palace all inclusive for the day...fabulous! Layed on the beach, played beach vball, took dance lessons, all you can eat and drink...fabulous food! Friendly staff...just be aware that there are many vendors that walk the beach selling their wares...so be prepared.

Read 4,127 Nassau Reviews
Published 11/18/13
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Ecstasy Review
Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?