Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by gkmindy: First cruise, and never again

gkmindy
Member Since 2013
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

First cruise, and never again

Sail Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

This is my first cruise, and I will never do it again. My husband and I went on the cruise for our anniversary. He has been on cruises before, and agrees that this was the worst, and will never go again. I went on the cruise for activities, not to sit in seminars to learn about where the best diamonds are found on the ports.

When we walked into our cabin, there was a note about what was not opened because of the crews vacation. We did not go to buy thousands of dollars worth of jewlery. We went on this cruise for the activities, and just about everything had a cost, or wasn't open. We were forced to buy a drink plan, and was told the price (and of course we had to buy the same plan for both of us even though he is a drinker, and I am not.) They neglected to tell us that there was a $100 gratuity added to the bill on top of the plan price. We were offered "fresh squeezed orange juice" for breakfast as we entered the room, then they took our card and cost $6 because that isn't More on the plan, though there was no where that wasn't included. Even the activities cost, or what was free was closed most of the time. We wanted a cruise where we could spend most of the time on the boat, to celibrate our anniversary. What a mistake!! No where did it say, till we got off the boat, that it cost to get to the shore shops (7-8$ in cash!) Everything on the boat was about cash. What were my cruise fees for? Why did I pay so much for a cruise where I got nothing?? I will NEVER be taking a cruise on Royal Caribbean again! Less

Published 11/17/13