Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by worzelle: Fantastic First Cruise

Fantastic First Cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Corfu

We have just returned from a Thompson's cruise and stay on The Majesty and after being really worried as I am not a good sailor, I have to say it was totally amazing. In fact this was our first cruise and friends had suggested the Adriatic Explorer was a good one to start on because it is so flat calm. From the minute we boarded the ship we started to relax, the staff throughout the ship were incredible and made it such a great atmosphere. As I am Gluten Free, at mealtimes I was given the menu for the next night and then they adapted it for me. The chef even made my own Baked Alaska !!, I never expected such quality food or treatment. I loved the fact that staff were at every eating place with anti bacterial bottles ready to zap your hands as you went in, this gives you a great sense of confidence in the ship and its standards.

Visiting Venice amoungst all the other lovely places was unforgettable, we had a great day siteseeing and when we arrived there mid morning it was More very busy in St Marks Square but returning there at lunchtime it had calmed down a bit. We walked everywhere from when we left the ship, the river boats looked so packed and we thought we would see far more by walking about. We really loved it and would like to go back one day, people we met on the cruise had been several times to Venice and always found something to do there. When the ship sailed in the early evening, two of the ships classical singers sang 'Andrea Bocelli' and that was wonderful and it felt really emotional. I am not really into classical music but I love Bocelli and it would be hard not to be moved by the sailaway.

Returning to the cruise itself, it is incredible value for money [especially if you book early and get a cheap drinks package deal] and we could not fault it in any way, in fact we have already been and booked again, trying another Thompson's ship this time in another region. People on the cruise said that Thompson's are great because you don't feel out of place wearing a smart cocktail dress or top and trousers. Obviously the men wouldn't wear T shirt and shorts for dinner but that is common sense really.Apparently some of the other cruise lines insist on a dress code [jackets for the men in the evenings, ect] We prefer a more relaxed approach which is not to say 'tatty' at all.

There really is something for everyone and musicwise too , from the piano/violin bar [great for pre- dinner cocktails], to modern pop and classical. One night after a show I suggested we go and look at the disco/nightclub, it was so good we stayed and danced for a while.

I have reviewed the hotel we stayed in Corfu seperately for the second week [Louis Grand, Glyfada] Incidentally the organisation and transfers frome plane to ship to hotel all ran really smoothly. Less

Read more Thomson Majesty cruise reviews >>