Golden Princess Cruise Review by tiggertaz: Wish I had stayed on land

Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Golden Princess USA Cruises

Wish I had stayed on land

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Los Angeles

While the cabin was great and I was looking forward to a relaxing time eating and drinking the only good food I had was off the ship. Food was bland and cold which should not be the case at the first dinner seating, while at the specialty restaurants the food was hot and had flavor but not always cooked correctly. the staff in the Bernini dining room was like watching three stooges movie they were falling over each over it took 20 minutes to get are wine. The gentleman next to us ordered spaghetti and meatballs when he asked for more pasta they tried to take the meatballs it two three people to get them to understand that they needed to bring more pasta. When my mother asked for her prime rib rare it came out cold and looked like it had been that way for a while the staff stated it is because she asked for it rare. Now while I do not expect prime aged beef I do expect something better the poor choice. Having to ask for butter and lemon for my lobster then having them squeeze it is More over hill. The only things not bland were the latte's and cocktails.

Scheduled a day in Sanctuary only to have it disturbed when they are blaring music for a game loud enough to scare fish 20 miles away. I felt sorry for the couple getting a massage it is a little hard to relax when you can hear yourself think.

My mom is a smoker and every night they would wash down the chairs and not dry them which was inconsiderate. My mom was up in the smoking area speaking with a woman who's husband is in a wheel chair telling how Princess told them they would have to wait to get on the ship until all the passengers who could walk on had boarded. She stated no and after pushing the wheel chair up the gangway at the ship the chair got stuck not one of the Princess crew helped she received help from a fellow passenger.. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Love San Diego rent a car and do your own excursions Enterprise will pick you up and if you go through Costco it is under 40 dollars for the day. Your first stop should be Richard Walkers for breakfast and then Blue Water for lunch.