Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Soinlove992001

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Soinlove992001
Jewel of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Member Name: Soinlove992001
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Amazing First Cruise

My husband and I took our first cruise on October 26,2013 and It was the best experience we could have even imagined. Not only was the ship laid out beautifully, but the staff was top notch. We had a balcony cabin which made it just so much more enjoyable. Delores, our room attendant, was phenomenal and went just so far above and beyond what i felt was due. She had a smile every single time we saw her. She had a general care for how our trip was going and if we were enjoying ourselves. She made sure we had a need for nothing. She was such a big part of our enjoyable trip and anyone that has her as an attendant should consider themselves lucky.

As far as the ship itself, I have no complaints, none. The jewel is a beautiful ship with lots to do and a perfect size in my opinion. There was not one day that was boring. This brings me to two people who stand out in making the cruise memorable. They are Carley our cruise director and Elvis (sorry don't know if formal title). These two for my husband and I were so special. Now do not get me wrong cause we met nothing but sweet and nice staff members who always had a smile and willingness to help in every single way both big and small, but these two just stood above.These two were seen daily in so many different lights and not only did they remember our faces when they saw us, but they remembered our names too. Now for some that may not seem like a big deal but when every 7 days they are looking at 2000 new faces and remembering names, thats a big deal to my husband and I. That tells us they care about us as passengers on this ship. Thank you Carley and Elvis, you both are wonderful and missed dearly.

Onto the food.My husband and I thought it was wonderful. Lots of choices and not one bad meal. This is the area that Tides stands out for us. Catherine and Gomez Scott, AMAZING!!! Best team ever. Daily i would have Catherine tell me her recommendations and well I went with them and they were perfect. One thing that stands out about Catherine to me is that she knew the waves and I didn't really see eye to eye, so she not only gave me a suggestion to help with sea sickness but she went and collected the items for me. (yes it worked). There was one day that after dinner all the desserts sounded so very good that i asked her to just surprise me and bring me one back, well she did and she brought me an amazing banana split that you will not find on the menu. Thank you Catherine. Gomez Scott was also an important part of that team. Never could we want for anything cause he stayed on top of everything. If you want a wonder wine, trust me, ask him for his recommendation. You WONT be disappointed. Nor will your glass ever be empty. :) Thank you Gomez Scott.

I think I hit everything but I will end with you will not be disappointed in the Jewel of the Seas or its staff. They are all wonderful. Take a trip aboard the Jewel. Its a wonderful ship and wonderful port stops.Sorry forgot to mention Jennifer our C8 safety lady(sorry forgot her title). Another wonderful addition to the Jewel.

Publication Date: 11/17/13