Carnival Pride Cruise Review by PopPopandMiMi: Cheap cruise but a bit disappointing
Member Since 2011
Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises
Cheap cruise but a bit disappointing
This was our first cruise on Carnival. This cruise was so cheap we couldn't resist it. So considering how cheap it was, it was a good deal. However, there were some issues - -
- We chose "My Time Dining" and were very surprised at how horrible the service was in the dining room. None of the wait staff was friendly and service was so slow, it often took well over 2 hours for us to eat dinner! Very often the food was incorrect. No one was attentive at all. Usually half of us at the tables were almost ignored. And the food really was not very good. Just average. We assumed since they already got their prepaid tips, they chose not to put forth any effort. This is the exact opposite experience we have had on Royal Caribbean cruises.
- There is a pool that has a moveable roof that looks like it could be covered. Even though it was cold and rainy for 2 days, they did not close the roof. They didn't seem to care much about their customers.
- we did not disembark More until 11:30. It took FOREVER to get off of that ship!?!
- The décor of this ship is horrendous. Very dark and dingy and naked people on the walls and hanging from the ceiling everywhere. What the heck? Everyone was remarking how ugly it is.
- Our outside window room on 1st deck was larger than the similar rooms on other cruises which was a pleasant surprise. Much more room to hang our clothes!
- We were in 1164 (port side, mid ship). Whatever was above us was VERY noisy. We stepped it off and we think the casino/pool tables were right above us. I would never stay in this area on the ship ever again.
- We had the BEST room steward we have EVER had on this cruise. He was just excellent. He got all of the extra tip money. He deserved it. Henri.
- We booked an excursion in every port and were very satisfied with them.
- One night we opted to skip the dining room and eat in the Lido deck but there was next to NOTHING available so we went to the dining room instead.
- The pizza on the Lido deck was EXCELLENT!!!!! GREAT pizza!!!!
- They refuse to allow cruisers to get their own ham and bacon - - they insisted on deciding how much to give us. That was insulting.
- The lines for breakfast were not controlled on the Lido deck. So all of the lines were incredibly slow because everyone in line, whether you were having an omelet made for you or not, had to wait in the ONE line, so we were all waiting for every person's omelet to be made before the line would advance. Very poorly organized.
- Breakfast in the dining room was always terribly slow and food was often cold or overcooked (hard boiled eggs benedict!?) Less
Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>