Island Escape Cruise Review by snake-eyes: Absolutely Disgusting

Absolutely Disgusting

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

I have just been on the island eskip for seven days & I can honestly say that after 20-30 cruises with thomson, it was the most disgusting barge that it has been my misfortune to set foot on.

1) The food was terrible & barely hot.

2) I know that it is has an informal dress code, but come on!! people going into the restaurant with their nightclothes on is a joke!!

3) All inclusive, another joke!! the spirits were so called "local spirits", totally unpalatable!! costs about 3 euros per bottle in the port supermarket

After all is said & done I can say that the staff on board the barge were of an excellent order & did take some of the edge off of what was a bad experience. (cleaners & waiters)

The cabin we had was not much bigger than a shoebox, but the cabin steward was excellent, cleanliness & hygiene were of an exemplary condition.

I would not go back on the island eskip if it were offered for free with More spending money thrown in.

I have another cruise booked for next month (November) on "the Spirit" if that does not meet the standard with Thomson cruises of the past It will be time to go elsewhere. "Nuff said" Less

Published 11/17/13

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?