“When prices go down you have to expect changes .... Benidorm at sea! ”
Cruise review of P&O Azura

Seapals Azura 0 When prices go down you have to expect changes .... Benidorm at sea!
Seapals
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We all love a great bargain and there are plenty to be had .... Just be aware that with cheap prices comes an unwelcome downward turn in cruising.

Yes you are going to see the sunbed war ... Beer bellies to rival any you may have seen elsewhere ... Bad manners ... Poor service by disinterested staff ... Standing room only in what has become the 'concert room' ... Fellow diners unable to hold a normal conversation .... Some just plain ignorant and nasty. Getting the drift ....

So would we do it again ..... One should never say never .... Go with the intention of spending more once onboard to use the speciality dining options and the Retreat ... We ate in the allocated restaurant twice in seventeen nights. School dinners crossed with Butlins just about sums it up. Room service food of a better standard. Don't even think about the buffet at peak times unless you have sharp elbows. I walked round with my tray for 10 minutes then gave up .... put down my now cold lunch and walked away.

I suppose this was always inevitable once the war of the massive cruise ships started ... They have to fill the cabins and attract passengers. Dropping prices means dropping standards and will ultimately alienate all but the hardy bargain hunters. We are going to see the equivalent of Butlins for the masses ..... And don't forget a lot of people had some very good holidays there and happy memories. It just isn't for me at my time of life.

I might seriously consider stopping at home ..... Then again ..... Where's this weeks offers!

Azura Cruises to the Mediterranean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Azura Review
Azura Cruises to the Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?