Azura Cruise Review by Seapals

Member Name: Seapals
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
When prices go down you have to expect changes .... Benidorm at sea!

We all love a great bargain and there are plenty to be had .... Just be aware that with cheap prices comes an unwelcome downward turn in cruising.

Yes you are going to see the sunbed war ... Beer bellies to rival any you may have seen elsewhere ... Bad manners ... Poor service by disinterested staff ... Standing room only in what has become the 'concert room' ... Fellow diners unable to hold a normal conversation .... Some just plain ignorant and nasty. Getting the drift ....

So would we do it again ..... One should never say never .... Go with the intention of spending more once onboard to use the speciality dining options and the Retreat ... We ate in the allocated restaurant twice in seventeen nights. School dinners crossed with Butlins just about sums it up. Room service food of a better standard. Don't even think about the buffet at peak times unless you have sharp elbows. I walked round with my tray for 10 minutes then gave up .... put down my now cold lunch and walked away.

I suppose this was always inevitable once the war of the massive cruise ships started ... They have to fill the cabins and attract passengers. Dropping prices means dropping standards and will ultimately alienate all but the hardy bargain hunters. We are going to see the equivalent of Butlins for the masses ..... And don't forget a lot of people had some very good holidays there and happy memories. It just isn't for me at my time of life.

I might seriously consider stopping at home ..... Then again ..... Where's this weeks offers!

Publication Date: 11/15/13