Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by melissa: Breakaway mostly perfect with just a few kinks

melissa
Member Since 2000

Cabin Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Breakaway mostly perfect with just a few kinks

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We had originally booked a Spa Minisuite but upgraded to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse one week before the trip for a modest sum. Best money I have ever spent. The private demonstration room at the pier with delish refreshments was just the start of the pampering. We were first on the ship at 11:15 and were brought to the Haven where we met our wonderful concierge Ruth. After that served sliders and fries in the covered private pool area. Cabin ready at noon. It was large with so much storage space. Two closets. Tons of drawers. Little table and 2 chairs and a small dogs. Real flowers on table and a bowl of fruit. The balcony was big surprise. Twice as big as the others due to the location. Full lounger and 2 chairs and table. Only had a neighbor on one side. Cabin was very quiet. Never heard a soul nearby all week.

We ate in the Haven restaurant for all but one breakfast and 4 dinners. Excellent service and food. The lounge/bar area was very comfortable with plenty of seats. More It also had an interactive table where you could swipe your card and view photos. There was a self service wine machine there too. The bar closes at 9:30pm as does dinner. We ate in Ocean Blue, definitely the best dinner and service of the trip. We ate at raw bar one night. Great oysters. I also got a takeout lobster roll one day. Delish. We ate 2 lunches at Noodle Bar. Very very good food. Food at o'sheehans was very good too. Tried a few treats at Carlos shops. Yummy!

We tried the Ropes course. I had to get off, way too scary. We bought Thermal Suite passes. Went every day. Well worth the money. Never crowded and so relaxing. Had a deep tissue massage which I truly enjoyed. No hard sell on products either. We had to skip the private island due to winds. Very very disappointing. Haven pool area and Hendrick really nice and tons of lounges. We went to watch something at the main pool but left. So crowded and poorly designed. I felt the casino was very poorly designed too. And naughty too crowded and smoky. I still went every day to make my donation but didn't like the environment. Fire and Ice were great but the Atrium is way too small for that crowd. Burn the Floor was spectacular and Rock of Ages fun. The Cirque show was also fantastic and I liked the food. We did the Kayaking at Manatee Cove excursion and saw many manatees. In Nassau got day passes at the British Colonial. Best kept secret in Nassau. Loved being in the Haven. Met so many nice people there. Hope I get to do it again someday. Breakaway is a beautiful ship but it is crowded Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>