“Nice Cruise, Disappointing New Ship”
Cruise review of Royal Princess

billco Royal Princess 3 Nice Cruise, Disappointing New Ship
billco
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

The cruise was fine, so I'll limit my comments specifically to the ship and thoughts that i came away with. I have always thought that a lot of weight is given to feedback from cruisers, particularly in the responses to the surveys and that a lot of the features on new ships would result from what people like or ask for. Therefore, I am a bit mystified by several things I encountered on Royal that I find hard to believe were incorporated due to customer input.

I doubt people asked for more difficult access to seats in the Princess Theatre or Vista Lounge. I doubt survey comments suggested Princess should remove the foldup trays in the Princess Theatre seats. Did people ask for less pool area in favor of a baby Bellagio fountain? How many requests were there for a skywalk?

A Promenade Deck I could stroll, walk, or run on is gone in favor of limited deck areas with a few loungers for the chair hogs. How could a walking/jogging track up high in the sun and wind be a replacement?

I doubt people trying to maintain a level of fitness asked for a gym with the latest equipment, but with a lack of adequate ventilation and AC. Every morning I would come back to my cabin totally drenched in sweat. At least, it made my wife think i had really been working out.

What led to the decisions that brought about a minuscule library, an equally small internet cafe with bigger monitors, a Club Six that served as a passageway for people avoiding the casino, and a Princess Live that is being used for things it is not designed for?

As I said, I had a nice cruise. I just wonder about the thinking behind so many things that I don't think anyone wanted or asked for. The Royal is a beautiful five star floating hotel, but in my opinion lacks the functionality I am looking for in a Princess cruise ship.

Royal Princess Cruises to Transatlantic
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Royal Princess Review
Royal Princess Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?