Carnival Pride Cruise Review by elpiper: You get what you pay for!

elpiper
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

You get what you pay for!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my fourth cruise and my husband's first. While I had a good time, it was definitely not all that I remembered cruising with Carnival to be.

The embarkation was simple and easy. The dining options and quality of food were absolutely SUBPAR! The most enjoyable food on this voyage was the Chocolate Molten cake on the evening dessert menu and the french toast. The public bathrooms tended to smell terrible so I always had to go back to my own room. We were located very close to the Taj Mahal and Butterflies lounge which were quite nice. The evening shows in the Taj Mahal performed by the Carnival Pride singers and dancers were hit or miss; the dancers were fantastic, the male singer was ok, and the female singer was quite disappointing (often sounding like she was screaming the songs, not singing). I felt like the Entertainment Hosts were overworked and I applaud them for not going crazy on some of the guests on my particular cruise. Pauly V, Harry, and Marissa all seemed More like they were frazzled and in need of a break, so hey kids, cut them a break! The comedians were excellent, so great work Pauly V! The adult beverages were well priced and well made.

The debarkation wasn't too terrible, other than the fact that when calling self assisted for level 1 all of the other levels decided that included them as well, making a longer debarkation time. For the price that we paid we got our money's worth, but as you can see all of these other little caveats to the trip cause me to be of the mindset that you get what you pay for. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>