“Some good....some bad”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

First the good-The ship was in very good condition and not nearly as worn as some reviewers have posted. It's going into dry dock next year for refurbishing and I think it looked great.

The food in the Imagination dinning room was excellent every meal. We did the "any time" dining and unless you want to get the same waiter each night it is the way to go. The buffets were pretty good but occasionally a bit cold.

The best excursion we've ever taken was the "Behind the Fun" tour of the ship. You have to sign up right when you get on ship because they only take 16 per cruise....$55 well spent. The Beach Hopper in Cozumel was great and the tour of Merida was interesting.

Now the bad-Cabin E139 was freezing the entire cruise. No matter how many times we called it was always cold. Most of the staff was excellent, very friendly. For the first time ever, after 8 cruises on a Carnival, we found some of the staff to be indifferent to any questions that we had. Another couple and ourselves booked at the exact same time, two cabins, separate billings, in the same phone call same discount, same everything. Both couples were told that there was a $25.00 on board credit. The other couple got theirs but not us. I talked to the service desk, they say they talked to the home office, and then I was told it shouldn't have been shown on our confirmation. When I pointed out the other couple got theirs and they confirmed that both reservations were exactly the same, they just oh well. You don't get one. It isn't the $25 bucks that makes me mad, it's the way they handled it and they fact they couldn't come up with an explanation. New Orleans was a blast and I'll go back but I think I'll skip Carnival.

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?