Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Lucyw: Was Just OK

Overall Member Rating

Was Just OK

Sail Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

We took the Jewel to Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya, mainly as I wanted to snorkel in Belize.

I was disapointed as I was told they had cream rinse in the cabins, NOT!! So I finally found some onshore in Belize (I need it for my hair).

We were disappointed with the cabin stewart, it took 2 days to get a Sierra Mist replaced in our refrigerator.

When we called Room Service it took 3 tries to get thru and finally the cabin stewart that showed up, never returned with the pop.

I do like that they have a tiny refrig as we were able to get our bottled water cold for the next day.

We enjoyed the talent shows. The casino was way too smokey! hard to breath!

The service desk was just OK, some didn't give us adequate answers to our questions, others were helpful.

We do not like the automatic gratuitee as seems you do not get that great service as before and this is our 8th cruise.

desserts had no flavor!

Embakation More was terrible, long lines, Embarkation was even worse!

I will go back to RCL and try the Princess line. Less

Published 11/11/13

Helpful? Thank Lucyw

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

Bed was very comfortable, clean linens. Adequate bathroom. I would have gone up to the 8th level if offered, I was on a lower level, which was OK, but prefer higher.

Lucyw
Member Since 2008
11 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X

See Norwegian Jewel deals up to 82% off:

September Deals
Norwegian Jewel 76% Loved It

5-day Pacific Coastal From Vancouver ***no Back To Back With 9/12/15 09/19/15 & 10/4/15***