Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Ellen S: Summit New England and Canada

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Canada & New England Cruises

Summit New England and Canada

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Got to the port by car service and went through embarkation extremely easy. I know some people feel Bayonne is weird but I do not mind it and if you get there at the right time you are on the ship in less than 20 minutes. We went to Bistro 5 instead of the buffet and I loved it. It was quiet and relaxing. We got into our cabin by 1:15pm.

The Summit is one of my favorite ship’s since it is an M class. The ship is in good condition, but I liked the ship better before it was soltisized. We were in Cabin 8147, close to the back elevators. There were 3 of us. Brought my adult daughter with us and there was enough room since it is concierge class. I like the storage space on M class better than S class.

For the week were on the ship I had a wonderful time except for the 2 hours I had the noro virus. Quarantined myself for 24 hours and fine afterwards (missed Halifax). My daughter got it two days later and we were at sea and she was also fine in 24 hours. She did go More to medical. It was bad on our ship. The crew did a great job and by the next cruise the ship was fine.

Loved the night time entertainment. Shows were very good.

We had Select dining and a friend was on the ship 3 weeks before and told us to find the waiter Juan Carlos and sit at his station. He was wonderful.

Since we have been to New England many times, we took a short shore excursion in Boston around the town. In Portland we went on our own and took a ferry boat ride around the islands for 2 hours. It was a little chilly but fun. Since I was not feeling well, my DH and DD took a taxi to Murphy’s Restaurant and had lunch and bought souvenirs. Love their gift shop. This was supposed to be a relaxing trip and to enjoy the fall colors.

My husband got sick Saturday, September 28th late in the afternoon. We went to medical. We got fantastic care from the whole medical staff, and guest relations. Do not want to go into his condition but it was very serious at one point. My husband was taken off the ship on Sunday morning by ambulance and taken to the Quebec City hospital..On the ship the drs. stabilized him and when taken to the hospital he was monitored for 28 hours (stayed stable) . The dr from the hospital gave the ok to fly home (and not continue on the cruise). We left our daughter on the ship (she is an adult) to finish the cruise and take our luggage home. When we got back to the ship a medical staff person stayed with us the whole time we were on the ship that afternoon. Guest Relations booked us a flight home that evening. I cannot thank enough everyone we came in contact on the ship, from the medical staff, to guest relations to our cabin steward Gatot and his assistant Ida. Our waiter in the MDR Jaun Carlos, and the Captain's Club staff. Even when we were getting off and on the ship visiting my husband in the hospital the staff stopped and asked how he was. After my husband and I left the ship and it continued on the staff kept asking our daughter how he was.

My husband had a pacemaker put in on October 8, 2013 and is doing better. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Trolley Tour

Have been to Boston Many times and just wanted to ride around town. The narration was great.

(5.5)

DH an DD took a taxi to Murphy's and had lunch and visited their great gift shop. I did not get off the ship that day, but I love Murphy's gift shop. Murphy's is at the end of the boardwalk where you pick up some of the shore excursions.

Read 347 Halifax Reviews

Since we have been to Portland many times we decided to take the ferry around the small islands where they pick up and drop off passengers and merchandise. It was a fun ride. There is also the mail run and other people we talked to enjoyed that also.