Carnival Victory Cruise Review by daneurysm: Already looking forward to the next cruise!
Overall Member Rating
Already looking forward to the next cruise!
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
What a trip! This was my first cruise and my boyfriend's second.
- The aft pool and area-- a lot quieter than the main pools
- The Carnival Deli in the lido buffet area
- All the ice cream and beverages, all the time
- The lido buffet often had some pretty good food, and the breakfast was something to look forward to.
- Debarkation was quick because we had one of the last numbers to be called.
- Safety drill was fast
- The Caribbean dance party was a lot of fun.
- The dining room was 1/2 empty, so we had two servers tending to us at all times. They were very friendly and remembered our preferences.
- The food in the dining room is decent. It's not 5-star-quality, but it beats some of the buffet selections. The people at our table were wonderful. Carnival paired us up with couples like us.
- Drinks are delicious yet a little expensive.
- I bought More some photos of us. When I went back to find more, half of mine were blurry. Way to rush through the job, photographers.
- We waited until 7:00 p.m. to receive our bags on the first day despite boarding at 2:00 p.m. After getting up really early that morning to catch a flight, there had to be nothing worse than waiting for fresh clothes and toiletries. Next time, we'll bring luggage by ourselves.
- I found some food on the floor that wasn't ours.
- The "Off The Grill" buffets that were poolside never had a change in food. It was greasy and overfried.
- Our cabin was on deck 1 in the aft section. It was a comfortable room until the ship docked in a port, which made our whole room vibrate. It was bone-jarring. We're not early risers, and to be shaken awake at 6:30-7:00 a.m. on vacation wasn't nice. Next time, we'll choose a different level and cabin area.
People were complaining that the ship is inaccessible from aft to forward. I don't see the problem. Decks 5 and 9 are walkable, or cut through the corridors of a cabin level. I often walked from aft to forward on deck 9 because I wanted to see the pool. After a few days, the ship felt really manageable.
Grand Turk was my favourite port. The weather was lovely, and we found two beach chairs immediately. I was worried about there being no lockers, but a security guard was standing right near my items most of the time we were in the ocean. We swam in the ocean most of the day before venturing to the pool. The pool felt like being in a five-star-resort. I wish we had longer. Shopping was clean and quiet.
Half Moon Cay my partner's favourite port. Tendering was a long process in the morning and in the afternoon. We even heeded the advice to leave a little earlier. We found two chairs in front of Captain Jack's pirate ship and sat there most of the day. The Baywatch competition was hilarious, as was the lido and the tug of war. We were in and out of the beautiful water several times. The bathrooms at the pirate ship aren't very clean and have long lineups. Be warned! We brought some food from the ship instead of eating at the bbq, since we had no idea what time it was.
Most of the people stayed at the ship at Nassau. It's easy to see why. Everyone gets yelled at to buy souvenirs the moment they step off the ship. It's so uncomfortable. We stayed for two hours. I got a good deal on makeup, and the alcohol is cheap. We also got a map of the Caribbean and a Christmas tree ornament. I was ready to run back to the ship. When we got back on, the buffet lines were long and the pools were full. Seems we're not the only ones feeling this way. Less
Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>
Small, dated, and noisy. Not for those who are light sleepers or late risers. Was to be expected for the fantastic price we paid. Had to crawl out from the corner to get out of bed.
Not what we expected.
Disappointed First Time Cruise...
Classy ship, activities and fo...
Decent with some basic flaws
I feel like I need to defend t...
A Good Cruise Despite the Surp...