Carnival Magic Cruise Review by KalsonPestCtrl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Magic Cruise Review by KalsonPestCtrl
Carnival Magic
Carnival Magic
Member Name: KalsonPestCtrl
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Great cruise with just a few hiccups!

We arrived about 10am and parked using EZ cruise parking across from the terminal. EZ cruise was the way to go with us since you could just roll your luggage to the terminal and not worry about loading them into a transfer and unloading again at the ship. We did the F2F and will do it again, it was well worth the $50 per cabin. After a little confusion on where we should go, we found the F2F line and we on the ship by 11am. Our cabin was already made and ready to go.

Cabin: We had a balcony (#6452) and enjoyed it the entire trip. We had a inside cabin on a previous trip and will only book a balcony from here on. Cabin was clean. There were a couple of light stains on the bedsheets and the "refrigerator" will cool your drinks about 10 degrees cooler that the room temperature. But our cabin steward was great! With the F2F our luggage was there by 1pm.

Ship: The ship was clean and most of the crew always looked at you as they passed you and said hello. About the only person that passed us by in the hallway twice that didn't even look at us, was James the CD. I am in my early 40's and a kid at heart. I would have to say the most fun I had on the ship was at the water park, miniature golf and in the arcade playing games. The rope course wasn't open one day during our stay.

Food: If you can afford it or want to splurge, go to the steak house and eat. It was one of the best meals I have ever consumed. The MDR was ok, but I have had better. We were in the Southern Lights. Our waiters clarified who was who when we sat down the first night and from then on called us by our names. The buffet...yuck. Room service was ok as well. The outside lunch grill was ok but the pizza was fantastic. Be prepared to wait a few minutes since you request what pizza you would like and they make it and cook it fresh. We did the brunch and it was bad, for breakfast the buffet may have been better.

Ports: In Roatan we booked with Victor Bodden tours and did the best of Roatan driving tour and monkey business. Our guide was great and she had a real love for the island and it showed. The whole operation was professional and met our expectations. I would not hesitate to book with Victor again. Our ship had to dock at Coxen hole instead of Mahogany Bay, and the Bodden met the ship. Our guide says that Victor has a few people in the hills that watch which port the ships are headed too and coordinates accordingly.

In Belize we were going to use Major Tom's to do the cave tubing but were told he wasn't able to come and Charlie's cave tubing was taking up his slack. It sounded fishy to me, but he did have the Major Tom sign and the price was the same. We will use Charlies again if we do tubing, we had maybe 6 people in our group compared to Carnival's excursion of about 40. A note, the life vests stink of mildew but we didn't have to wear helmets or lock our legs under the next persons arms while tubing. I really don't want someones feet 8 inches from my face and I know they don't want my feet in their face! The price was half or what Carnival's excursion was and 10 times better. Since we had the F2F we were on the first tender off the ship.

Cozumel was a wash out and it rained all day. We were going to do a ship excursion and ride the twister and go to the island but it was canceled and our money was refunded by the end of the day. We just walked around the shops at the port and went back to the ship.

The ride home was bumpy that night due to the weather but by the next morning, the sun was out and it was smooth sailing back to Galveston. We had breakfast Sunday morning and was off the ship and headed back home by 8:30am.

We will defiantly do the Faster to the Fun again, it was worth the money. As a side note, the most unpleasant people we met were passengers. It is a shame that when some go on vacation, they leave their brain at home too.

Publication Date: 11/06/13