Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by endoman31

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by endoman31
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: endoman31
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Beware the Breakaway

I concur with the review posted as BEWARE Date: 10/28/13

It is a big ship; but has small rooms (lots of complaints). We had an accessible room. Poorly designed and inappropriately converted to a King bed so that I could not walk on my side. Marilyn had good access to her side. Room 12679, an accessible room. We got them to rearrange the setup.

The first 5 meals were all not hot or even 'restaurant warm'. I got annoyed so I started sending the food back. This got the attention of the Maitre 'D. We soon received hot meals and lots of attention.

The food was actually good but the lunch menu seemed to never vary. We found the Grill on the 16th floor where a very good pastrami on rye could be found. Their version of a Rueben left a lot to be desired, but it also was good. We did not patronize the cafeteria except on the day which it was the only restaurant open.

Orlando was our room steward. I suspect that no steward knows how to make a bed. I also suspect that they buy the wrong size sheets.

Show time should have been 'show and tell' as only one show was worth watching. There were Paid-in-advance shows with off-Broadway prices. I passed on all! I also passed on the extra pric(ey) restaurants. At $50 a head for fish I could do better driving to Maine and order Lobster.

We went to relax and read. Their library had only about 100 books. Plenty of empty shelves. They were in business to rent Reading slabs.

The gym was big and though the equipment was new there were a few problems. I watched as one 'jock' fell out of a unit unexpectedly as it came apart. The person I asked for help in adjusting the machines was absolutely nasty. I reported him at the front desk.

Getting onto the ship for embarkation was excellent and we only had to wait a short time for room access. Debarkation was also pretty good as 4000 people, of whom 5% were disabled, had to go through customs. Customs was very good, efficient and pleasant.

I checked out the lifeboat capacity. It matched the count of the guests and employees closely. BUT the width of the seat was about 12 inches and 50% of the passengers far exceeded this measly allowance. Remember the Titanic.

Publication Date: 11/06/13