Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by jzvegas: Reflection - Golod and not so Good

jzvegas
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Reflection - Golod and not so Good

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

I agree with everyone else, it is a beautiful ship. The staff is great, the shows very good, the food could use some improvement, but mostly it was a terrific time. There were four of us ladies who travelled together and planned our tours (private tour companies). I highly recommend "Best of Ephesus" for both Istanbul and Ephesus. If you are doing the Amalfi coast try Aldo Limos - he is fantastic.

My biggest disappointment was the 3rd floor area where they have the dancing and sometimes the cast doing some performances. There is no place for even 100 people to sit much less 3,000. Everyone crowds around the floor with a drink in hand some on floor 4 leaning over the railing to see - it is a disaster!! Why they gave up the clubs that the Millennium Class ships have is beyond my understanding. The Solstice Class ships only accommodate more people but they do not give you more for your money. I will stick with the older ships of Celebrity, they are much more fun (and I am a More senior citizen)!!

Cabin was in a terrific location, but the upcharge for concierge is not worth the difference, unless you are into hors' d oeuvres that are unappetizing. You can order shrimp cocktail and fruit plates yourself instead of little canapés that you have no idea what is in them. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

I booked this with another cruiser so do not know the name of the tour person - but she was very unprepared for our group. Our main purpose was to be in Oia for the sunset. We were there but never got to see the sunset since she did not reserve a viewing place or dinner for the group. It really was a very disorganized tour.
If you do not have elite status or boarding passes that let you off early, good luck. All the reflection tours folks get to leave first and there are plenty of them, herding into buses like cattle.