“Celebrity Millenium - they've lost the plot”
Cruise review of Celebrity Millennium

Jono133 Celebrity Millennium 2 Celebrity Millenium - they've lost the plot
Jono133
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Having previously cruised on celebrity solstice , I expected - wrongly - that the Millenium would be of similar standard.

The embarkation in Ensanda was a fiasco.

The activities staff - other than a guy named Michael , were frankly lazy compared to the Solstice crew.

The whole ship was less than impressive and despite a goodly number of Australian and European guests, overtly geared to just the American guests.

The continual 'hyping ' up of people is tedious. I can only take so many " are you having fun !! " comments

The formal nights were a joke - a joke that is if you expected that the majority of guests would be dressed in evening attire , my estimate is that about 5% were in tuxedos .

Now I don't have a problem with that, just don't list a Formal evening if it isn't in reality going to be one.

I'm happy with smart casual.

I thought the staff, were like. Corporate clones, just followed the course instructions without using their brain or personality.

I witnessed an I firmeder lady, who had been sent to pillar and post getting quite rightly very cross with an officer , who in turn instead of resolving the issue and showing a bit of empathy and initiative, inflamed the situation by saying, " I am not prepared to listen to you if you raise your voice """

The poor lady was rightly very cross at being given false information - twice and therefore had a right to be dealt with in an understanding manner and not having it made worse.

I raised an issue with the cruise director, the every smiling ' Rich ' and he appeared disinterested and in fact - and I quote " Perhaps this product doesn't suit you " that is arrogant and not conducive to engendering a happy guest

I am on the next leg to Australia but based on the last cruise I will not reccommend anyone to use this ship.

It's sloppy any lazy.

This cruise was not fun - at all

The cabin staff and stewards however as usual are hardworking and very pleasant people.

Celebrity will not be getting my business again for sometime

Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Hawaii
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Aqua class , Cabin fine, the restaurant not as fun as on the Solstice but food was acceptableHowever I did nite that almost all the proprietary sauces and food products now contain " corn syrup " which is reportedly carcinogenic and puts fat on internal organs It is a third the cost of sugar - hence money saving.
Published 11/06/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Millennium Review
Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Hawaii
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?