Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Jono133: Celebrity Millenium - they've lost the plot

Jono133
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Hawaii Cruises

Celebrity Millenium - they've lost the plot

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Ensenada

Having previously cruised on celebrity solstice , I expected - wrongly - that the Millenium would be of similar standard.

The embarkation in Ensanda was a fiasco.

The activities staff - other than a guy named Michael , were frankly lazy compared to the Solstice crew.

The whole ship was less than impressive and despite a goodly number of Australian and European guests, overtly geared to just the American guests.

The continual 'hyping ' up of people is tedious. I can only take so many " are you having fun !! " comments

The formal nights were a joke - a joke that is if you expected that the majority of guests would be dressed in evening attire , my estimate is that about 5% were in tuxedos .

Now I don't have a problem with that, just don't list a Formal evening if it isn't in reality going to be one.

I'm happy with smart casual.

I thought the staff, were like. Corporate clones, just followed the course instructions More without using their brain or personality.

I witnessed an I firmeder lady, who had been sent to pillar and post getting quite rightly very cross with an officer , who in turn instead of resolving the issue and showing a bit of empathy and initiative, inflamed the situation by saying, " I am not prepared to listen to you if you raise your voice """

The poor lady was rightly very cross at being given false information - twice and therefore had a right to be dealt with in an understanding manner and not having it made worse.

I raised an issue with the cruise director, the every smiling ' Rich ' and he appeared disinterested and in fact - and I quote " Perhaps this product doesn't suit you " that is arrogant and not conducive to engendering a happy guest

I am on the next leg to Australia but based on the last cruise I will not reccommend anyone to use this ship.

It's sloppy any lazy.

This cruise was not fun - at all

The cabin staff and stewards however as usual are hardworking and very pleasant people.

Celebrity will not be getting my business again for sometime Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>