Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by rosemay: Ancient wonders from Marmaris

Ancient wonders from Marmaris

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Kusadasi

This cruise was our first for me, my husband and my parents who are both 80. It was exceptionally well organised from pick up at Dalaman airport to boarding at Marmaris. Our cabins were brilliant and think they must have been refurbished as there was no mould or chipped or rattling fittings! Our "man" who looked after us Dede couldn't have made us feel more looked after. Our rooms were always so clean and tidy.

I understand about the "butlins" atmosphere but obviously lots of people like this otherwise Thomsons would have done away with the napkin folding, I do agree that it could be done inside the boat.

It is packed around the pool and impossible to get beds most of the time but we took this cruise basically for its ports of call. All tours are so very well organised and I advise that these should be booked with Thomsons. I booked all of mine online with thomsons before sailing and did get a slightly better deal. If you need to cancel or swap for any reason you can More get a refund. You can do whole days or half and have plenty of time to explore on your own. I cannot understand anyone who doesn't get off the boat.

The tour team are fantastic and I loved all the ports of call.

It is a very well priced cruise and you really get what you pay for. We tried all three restaurants and liked the Meridian the best for dinner. There is great service and a different choice every night. We paid for Mistral for the one night and enjoyed that too. We always took breakfast in the Lido. If you want more variety of food then suggest you pay double and go on a more upmarket cruise.

One thing I particularly liked with the Daily Cruise News updating us on the next day's port of call and all entertainment on board.

All staff from cleaners to Captain and his crew were polite and cheerful at all times.

There was different entertainment every night to suit all tastes.

There could be some better shops aboard but you can visit all different kinds of shops when disembarking.

A great week for all of us.

Thanks Thomsons. Less