Grandeur of the Seas 5

BlondeCruiselady
Member Since 2013
7 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I am a RCL Diamond level and this was my second time on Grandeur. The food in the main dining room seems upgraded since my last cruise which was a year ago. Lobster tails twice the previous size, for example. Excellent service in My Time Dining - we generally had dinner around 6:30. There were many events going on around ship which we wanted to fit in, so we had to be flexible with dinner. Chris, who was in charge of productions, was fabulous. He led 4 classes to learn the Thriller dance to Michael Jackson's music. Halloween night, about 50 guests performed it - all made up to be zombies. It was wonderful. They also had additional events for the evening's Halloween party - including a costume party. All well done. In fact, ALL of the entertainment was talented, although I personally find some of the music dated.

In Bermuda, we took one excursion from the ship, which was the taxi tour. It was very good and because the taxi's hold 6 plus the driver, it enabled two way More interaction with questions and answers, rather than simply a "lecture". We also took a tour directly at the pier the first evening in port - the glass bottomed boat. It was about $20 less than from the excursion desk onboard. The boat and ride were nice and somewhat informative, but don't expect pretty fish. They were plentiful but not tropical an colorful.

The diamond lounge on this ship is located on Deck 6 and is separated by a partition from the South Pacific Lounge which is venue for Bingo, the Art Auction, and some other activities. Bingo, in particular, could be quite loud and disruptive if you were in the Diamond Lounge for happy hour.

The Chop House has very fine, tender beef, although we found it a bit salty. The sides are nice and the presentation and service are good. Less

Grandeur of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

Published 11/05/13

Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?