Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by uncleboo

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: uncleboo
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated

REVIEW OF 10-20-13 NCL BREAKWAY CRUISE WAS NOT UP TO PAR

Hi I have cruised over 25 times on many cruise lines. NCL, MSC.HOLLAND AMERICAN, PRINCESS, RCCL AND CELEBRITY. My husband took me on this trip as a Birthday gift. We picked this cruise for the new ship, not the itinerary. I had read reviews previously to the sailing and they were mainly negative with lots of criticism about the ship. I had thought about cancelling. I then thought maybe these reviews were just very critical. The past reviews were 100% right. The ship did not look like a new ship. It had no feel as it was supposed to be a NY city cruise. There was nothing good about the ship or the cruise experience. Everyday there was a hassle about some issue and we spent alot of time at customer service. They gave this ship such hype and all and it was a major disappointment every step or the way.

Cabin was on deck 5 inside. ok size. Shower now has a door. Room steward always turned down temperature in room which I did not like,. I asked her once to make the room up and she was in the hall and told me she was off duty. then why was she standing in the hall? I did not like that both trash cans in the room have no liner bags. that is nasty and not sanitary.

Also I do not like the fact that you need to have your key in the slot or no lights that is very unsafe for all and any passenger.

Life Boat drill. A disaster with 4,000 people trying to get to there proper muster stations.

Food: very limited . they advertise ship as having 5 complimentary places to dine. Well first of all it is not complimentary. We have paid a fare to cruise. Manhattan room taste and savor all have same menu.So there is no variety at all. The fixed menu is not that exciting at all. 1 Soup and 1 entree and 1 appetizer change daily. I expect more variety on cruise ship. Meat was tough and not top quality, (the idea) is for passengers to go spend $$ at specialty restaurant. When the food was served it was cold. i had to complain many times as I like hot food. Service was slow. It took 2 hours per night to get served dinner for 2. To long. service to slow and drawn out. Servers seemed dazed and confused. No one ever asked me why i was not eating my dinner or offered me an alternative. No customer service or friendly ATMOSPHERE AT ALL. dessert MENU LIMITED TASTED LIKE ICE MILK NOT ICE CREAM, 3 flavors

chocolate vanilla strawberry. Fresh food was not rip enough. Food the same at Buffet. Buffet crowded not a good set up plan, Food was cold there too. I went to O'Sheehans and found a hair in my food. not happy at all,very unappetizing. O'Sheehans is open 24 hours a day. when I went 4 p.m. for a bite told it was closed.

The left hand and right hand do not know what is going on.

Entertainment: I am used to a nightly show. Not 2 specialty shows which were ok. They gave this ship so much hype I expected alot more. Major disappointment. Made show reservations prior to cruise and they changed show times around while i was on board. Theatre to small for 4,000 people. theatre holds only 750 people. I do not know why there is no balcony. All entertainment venues are too small. To many bars.

Pool was small too. Not planned out at all. I do not understand that at all. Atrium was not glamorous at all.

No WOW factor on a new ship. They had alot of activities on Atrium and could not hold as many passengers who wanted to participate.

Casino: smoky smoky smoky, You could smell the odor all the time. You needed to walk through it to go to the Manhattan room. Even when the casino was closed you could still smell smoke on decks 6, 7, 8 .

Front Desk: Rude abrupt not friendly to customers at all

The staff needs to be trained properly in customer service . They need to greet guests say hello act professional. They act like you are bothering them. They need to realize they need the passengers. The passenger is the reason they are there!! no passengers no job

Activities: I like to play trivia and other games. the prices they gave out were the cheapest things i ever saw. Plastic key chains beach balls and cup holders. They used to have a nice program where you could earn points and cash them in at the end of the cruise and get nice gifts.

They are getting cheap in all areas of the operation. People who have cruised NCL before notice all of these changes and do not like it at all.

I will not be spending my hard earned money on any more NCL ships. I met alot of people who were not at all at happy with NCL< th4 ship, the cruise the food.

I WISH I HAD TAKEN MORE NOTICE OF THE REVIEWS AND NEVER HAVE BOOKED THIS CRUISE

NCL needs to do alot of work to revamp the ship. There product has gone down hill/ Bigger does not always mean better.

Publication Date: 11/05/13