Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by GinIN

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by GinIN
Member Name: GinIN
Cruise Date: October 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Liberty Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Carnival Liberty

We were offered an upgrade for a good price to a Grand Suite, it was nice. and roomy, big balcony.

We also had previously paid for "Faster to the Fun" when we first booked this cruise, meaning we got to get on earlier than normal, priority on tenders and a few other perks.

Embarkation was a breeze, we were taken to a separate lounge, taken onto the ship early and our room was ready to drop off our carry on, then on to lunch before it got crowded.

We had the sail away drink and enjoyed moving away from Miami.

We were also on the special Players Club sailing and I would be getting some cash to play with in the casino along with a cocktail get together and something nice delivered to my room each day, chocolate covered strawberries one night, a bottle of wine another and a plate of great cookies from the coffee shop.

My casino drinks were free right away as well as my husbands. I don't drink much at all but he enjoyed several over the next seven days.

My only negative here is that this was my fifth sailing with Carnival and on several others the Casino Host made the time to introduce himself{Herself} to me. I am not a huge roller but I do put some decent cash into the machines, I had over 8000 points at the end. I thought as in the past that some acknowledgement that I was there would be nice. Even when I did the slot tournament he didn't say a thing. I was expecting something, I left a ticked off about this. Manners mean something to me.

The second night we chose to eat at the Steakhouse rather than do formal night, a great choice as we had one of the best meals on board any of the ships we have been on and the service was exceptional, there is an extra price of $35 per person and I thought it was worth it so much that we ate there again later in the cruise.

My husband wanted to go sailing in Cozumel but it was canceled because there were not enough signed up to do it, we just got off, wandered around, bought souvenirs, ate a nice lunch while we watched others passing by around us.

Belize we did a city tour and an air boat ride. I enjoyed it, I don't think I would want to walk around by myself there but the tour was fine. A small amount of shopping at the pier and back on board the ship.

It was a hot day so a tall glass of tea was nice.

Roatan was hot and humid, we did a tour to see some monkeys, birds and butterflies, there were a lot of steps to get around to the various exhibits and I was dripping sweat right away, gave up about halfway through and went back to the shady hut to wait on my husband and the rest of the group to finish after about half an hour they showed up looking ragged, glad I chose to stay in the shade, I guess i was a wimp.

Grand Cayman was just a laid back shopping stop for us, time to pick up those last minute t shirts for the kids and a bottle or two of some liquor to take home, also a bottle of vanilla at a good price.

We thought the Faster to the Fun was supposed to give us priority on the tenders, waited for the tour people to leave then made our way down to get our number to get on a tender. We were at the far back of the ship, stood in line to get our ticket and were told if you are Faster to the Fun, you will need to go back to the front of the ship to guest services and go through them for a tender but you will get on pretty quick just with the ticket I am giving you, a matter of 5 or10 minutes. It was about 30???

Do I sound like I am whining? I paid an extra $50 for this.

We ate in the your time dining room several times and ordered room service twice both were good, food was tasty and service was good.

Tour director was funny and warm, Thank You!!! He was on the Glory with us in January.

Disembarkation... We were given an envelope saying we were group 1 to leave, please to go a special lounge to be lead off the ship. O.K. Grand Suite and Faster to the Fun at work here, nice.

When our steward gave us tags that said zone 4, my husband asked him about it. "No problem he said, you will get off as a group with zone 1"

We got off immediately, walked over to the luggage carousel and waited for our luggage, and waited, and waited. We saw many zone 1 suitcases go by us several times, the same ones over and over, some were taken off and some kept going...

There was no where to sit and it was at least 30 to 40 minutes before our luggage arrived.

Had I known this, I would not have given our room steward an extra $100 tip on top of what we had on our card.

I did have a good time on this cruise and will probably be on another Carnival cruise in the next year or two but I wish I felt like I got the kind of service I paid for.

Publication Date: 11/05/13