Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Gina Ann: Celebrity Reflection - Luxury, Good Food, Great Crew

Gina Ann

Celebrity Reflection - Luxury, Good Food, Great Crew

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

This was the first cruise for my 81 year old parents, my sister and myself. I am a traveler (backpack out 6-8 months at a time), so such a touristy thing as a cruise had me pretty skeptical. That said, the cruise, crew, food, amenities exceeded all our exceptions. My sister and I shared an inside cabin that had plenty of room and the bed was high enough to store our large suitcases. My parents had an outside cabin with a balcony that was very nice. There was a lot of thought put into the design, food, activities, etc. I spoke with other more experienced cruisers who preferred the Reflection over previous excursions.

We ate dinner in the main dining room (included) every evening and our waiter Valen was incredible. Very professional, great sense of humor, recommendations for the evening meal were spot on, and would include tips on what to do in the ports. The Ocenview Restaurant (included) has a large selection of food in a cafeteria style dining environment. The coffee was More not great but drinkable. Again, I thought the food was very good and varied considering they are feeding over 3,000 people a day.

Having lived in Playa del Carmen before and after cruise ships started arriving, I can tell you a town changes. Lots of shops spring up, prices go up while cruisers are in town, and the charm diminished. You have a day to get a taste of an area and can always return for more in depth exploration.

Would I take a cruise again? Probably when I am older and would not hesitate to choose Celebrity Reflection. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>