Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Majmarian: Awesome Adventure, Would go again right now!

Majmarian
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Awesome Adventure, Would go again right now!

Sail Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We sailed the Carnival Dream on Oct 19, 2013 to the Eastern Caribbean. Loved the ports we went to, Bahamas, San Juan PR, Virgin Islands and Turks. I would suggest that you do not buy some of the excursions on the ship, but when you get off the ship in PR and VI, you can get a 2-3 hour city tour for 20-25 bucks a person. That is better than the cruises 40-60 a person. We had great tour guides in both places! Also in the Grand Turks, Carnival has an amazing beach set up with lots and lots of beach chairs at no cost to you!! There is a Margaritaville and a huge huge pool. We had the best time in the Turks and it was amazingly beautiful.

Now the ship. The decor was very nice, extremely clean everywhere. The staff was great from the dining room to the stateroom. The entertainment was your usual cruise entertainment, but was very good. The casino was good the first few days, I was winning constantly, but after that, nothing would hit on those machines!! I really believe they may go More in and change the settings as the week progresses, or maybe it was just my luck. The food was acceptable. We loved the Pizza, the morning breakfast in the dining room was good, but the buffet in the Lido for Breakfast and Lunch was just ok, needed more variety for the salad bar. Since I am a desert person, they were definitely GOOD!! Ice cream whenever you wanted. The dinners were good, dining room staff very professional. Lots of people do not show up for dinner so the dining room can be quite empty on certain days. My only negative comment was we were excited to go to the Mexican Buffet at 11:30PM, however it was set up in the lido buffet and was awful. It would have been nice to set it up on the lido deck and make it a fun event, I would not go to that again. Overall, loved the cruise!!!! Carnival did a great job! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>