Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by This Artist Travels!

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by This Artist Travels!
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: This Artist Travels!
Cruise Date: October 2013
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Some great, a couple of just so-so experiences on the Oasis

I'll make this quick, because I'm at work and need to get back to it :) ...

The ship:

Gorgeous! Central Park is a treasure, loved being at sea with all that open air that wasn't directly tied to sunshine and pool time. The art work around the ship was beautiful. The cabin was typical RCI , bath small, but that's typical as well.

The public areas of the ship are beautiful, and it is surprisingly easy to find your way around, despite her size.

The running track is fun, we had some heavy rain one day and it was great to have shelter!

I found the food delicious but uninspired. I love "mouth party" cutting edge cuisine, and I have been on other cruise lines that managed to provide that option, particularly with ethnic cuisine, and do a great job of it. The Oasis menu just felt a little "tired". I didn't like that the tables at the Windjammer didn't spill out into the outdoors. I love eating my mid-day meal outside, and felt very confined. There too, the food just seemed a little uninspired, despite daily Asian and Indonesian offerings.

The shows were outstanding, although there was a major technical glitch one night. I loved the Comedy shows, they need more comedians and a bigger Comedy Club! I would have gone every night! I thought the Aqua Theater was just blah. The crew was outstanding, from the moment of embarkation until the moment we stepped off the ship to head home. The crown and anchor and Cruise Critic get-togethers were fun and imaginative. It poured rain the day we were in Falmouth, so we didn't do much, just jumped off long enough to shop, which was fun. I loved Cozumel, and found some great buys on local art there. Lots of shopping, some of the more upscale Mexican shopping I've done. Labadee, RCI's Haitian private island, is a treasure. The grounds were lovely, the beach was great, and the on shore lunch was fine. Other than the very aggressive sellers in the marketplace, it was perfect!

I think that if you really want the bells and whistles of a rock wall, short and sweet zip line, and wave rider, this is worth the $$. If not, I love Celebrity just as much if not more, and even the newer ships on Carnival... they really are "Fun Ships" and their big slides and pool area are more user friendly. I would recommend the Oasis and any of the RCI products to ANYONE, but if you are budget conscious and want a great cruise experience,you may find that you can shop the itinerary or date of choice and find something for less on another cruise line.

Publication Date: 11/05/13