Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by AV93

Member Name: AV93
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Bermuda

Will Not Cruise with Norwegian Again..

The cruise left out of Boston on a Friday and we were to spend a day and a half at sea before arriving in Bermuda. I don't know if it was the cruise port of Norwegian but it was very confusing as to which line you were suppose to be in to board the ship, luckily there were people there to assist you..moving on... i dont know if it was because the ship left out of Boston or if the Norwegian Dawn is always like this, but it seemed to be more of an old person cruise. I've cruised previously with Royal Caribbean and not only was the entertainment outstanding, but so was the food. On Norwegian Dawn, the only 24 hour restaurant is the Blue Lagoon and every time I ate there I would get extremely sick, my boyfriend and his family got sick, and some random lady on the ship started talking to me about the food and told me she'd also gotten sick from the Blue Lagoon. There were other restaurants to go to on the ship but you either had to pay for them, or have the same meal every night because the menus rarely changed. Another thing that bothered me about the Blue Lagoon was that every time I would ask for a side of sour cream, they would act like it was such a hassle to get it when they weren't doing anything in the first place.

Every night on the cruise they would have musical entertainment in the common area on the ship, and every night it was the same two country singers and nothing but senior citizens in the audience. Besides not being able to eat my entire time being on the ship, there was nothing to do. My boyfriend and I were outside playing ping pong at 6 pm and a staff member came up to us, took our paddles and locked everything up. Yes Thats Right! All outdoor activities (checkers, chess, ping pong, shuffleboard, basketball, etc.) close at 6 PM!!!! i couldnt believe it! and the arcade is cool but once you start to win too many games it will cheat and take your money and its about 1.50 per game, and no you don't get extra lives.

ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE! coming back was 2 1/2 days and arriving only took 1 day and a half which made the trip feel extremely long. A lot of activites they had planned for certain nights didn't happen because people from Boston wanted to watch the RED SOX game so they wanted to accommodate all of them.

Last but not least, disembarkation, they said we would be arriving around 7 in the morning and able to leave the ship at 8:30 if we please and of course that didn't go well, We didnt get off the boat until about 9:30 or 9:45 and I was so thankful to be off that ship and in the USA. I'm sure many of the older people on the ship enjoyed it, but I didn't and will be cruising with Royal Caribbean from now on or maybe not cruise at all. I lost 5 lbs on this trip. Im so done with Norwegian.

Publication Date: 11/05/13