Carnival Glory Cruise Review by paloma777

Member Name: paloma777
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

The pluses and minuses of Carnival Glory

We just returned from a five day cruise on the Carnival Glory. Norfolk (last Carnival cruise for Norfolk...such a shame!) to the Bahamas. We have cruised a few times before on another line. Friends invited us to come along, and you just can't beat these Carnival prices. We wanted to see what Carnival was like compared to Holland America line. If you are a frequent cruiser, you are probably laughing at our attempt to compare the two (VASTLY different!).

Let me start with what is good about Carnival Glory. Carnival does an outstanding job with organization. From embarkation to debarkation and everything in between, I marveled at how smooth everything was despite such large amounts of people. I also thought service was outstanding throughout the cruise. Every single employee was helpful and eager to serve with a smile. We got such a great deal on the price, I feel there was definitely value in this cruise. Food was very good in some areas, just so-so in others. The buffet style restaurant on the Lido is not very good. However, the burgers, fish and chips and Mexican available was very, very good. The burgers on the Lido in particular...WOW!! Everybody in my party agreed...they were the best burgers we have ever eaten! The food in the dining room was very good as well. The spa was tops, and the gym was spacious.

The only minus I would say about the Carnival Glory is actually a minus specific to a certain population. Carnival really is the "Fun Ship," but lives up to it's other name....the "Booze Cruise." WHOA. I am a sober person and did not fully realize what I was getting into. This cruise is ALL about the drinking. Lots and lots of people letting loose and drinking copious amounts of alcohol 24/7. The Lido deck is some kind of crazy!! Please understand I am not being critical of folks letting their hair down and having a good time, but if you don't drink, this is not the cruise line for you. I absolutely could not escape it. I bought a very expensive spa treatment just because it was the only place to escape from the boozing folks for awhile! LOL. Obviously Carnival can offer amazing deals on fares because they more than make up for it in alcohol sales.

So if you like to party, I highly recommend this ship. If you want a more quiet and relaxing experience, I do not recommend it.

Publication Date: 11/04/13