Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by PattyG12: Not much of a review

Not much of a review

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

We went on a last minute New England/Canada trip on the Brilliance of the Seas. I'm not going to write an in-depth review but I wanted to touch on a couple points.

First - Service was stellar as always on a Royal Caribbean ship. We always got lots of smiles and greetings from the staff. Our room was always exactly the way we wanted it.

Second - Entertainment staff - Meh ... nothing spectacular. The CD (Steve someone) was unimpressive. We saw him walking around but he just seemed very unapproachable. He just wasn't CD material, unlike other's we've seen in the past. The aerial show in the Centrum seems to be a complete waste of time. Unless you're there an hour early, you won't see much other than butts whizzing past you in an open area.

Third - Ports of call - New England and Canada is beautiful. The rolling hills and the leaves changing was a wonderful experience. That said, I missed the warmer waters of the Caribbean and being able to hang out on the upper More decks more!

Finally - Demographics - This is definitely an older crowd. While I have nothing bad to say about the older crowd (my roommate was 85 on this trip), you need to watch for those darn scooters and electric wheelchairs. They will run you over without thinking twice! Less

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>