Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by bpeace49@gmail.com: The Breeze; what a wonderful ship

Carnival Breeze 5
bpeace49@gmail.com
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

The Breeze; what a wonderful ship

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I booked this cruise specifically to experience the Breeze. What a wonderful addition to the Carnival line. This is my first cruise on one of their trio of big boats.

I was really pleased with my experience. The look is definitely not Carnival; much more toned down from previous entries. The Bahamian theme was carried out nicely from public areas down to the cabin hallways. The layout of the ship was quite nice with decks assigned for specific purposes. I thought it very interesting that the Mezzanine Deck (4) contained all of the main dining rooms as well as the bulk of the children’s program areas. Club Carnival, etc were not spread all over the ship as they are in some of the older ships.

I also found dining options quite exciting; something new for Carnival. And unlike other lines, very few surcharges for the different dining venues. The two main attractions for me were the Guy’s Burger Bar; it is the best burger on the seas and possibly on ground. More The Blue Iguana burrito bar was quite good too. Both options here allowed you to fix it your way with plenty of toppings and sauces. The Italian restaurant was also great; Complimentary at lunch and $12 during the evening meal. The luncheon pasta bar was great and the best lasagna I have had in a long time. Sushi was delicious and freshly prepared; I had a great meal for $10 including gratuity (ala carte)

The Promenade deck was probably the most refreshing change. The Breeze had a full Prom deck called the Lanai. The area was scattered with lounge chairs, cozy sitting areas and limited outdoor games. Specifically nice was the Lanai area around the Plaza located mid-ship on the Prom deck. It was like having central hub of activities away from the main lobby area. Here the Taste provided samples each evening from each dining venue. The Taste also served as a casual location for continental breakfast or salad bar lunch. Also in the area were the requisite bar and coffee and desert shops. This was my favorite place on the entire ship.

Carnival has a good thing going here and hopefully continues through the refurbished Sunshine and into the future. Carnival is now back on my go to list along with Norwegian and Robyal Carib. Less

Published 11/04/13

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X