Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by veloman: Beautiful Ship and Great Crew

Beautiful Ship and Great Crew

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Honolulu

This was our 4th Celebrity Cruise. We have sailed on two of the Solstice's sister ships - the Equinox and the Eclipse. The Solstice is as beautiful as the other two ships were. The crew was always polite and willing to help solve any problems. This was an 18 day cruise from Hawaii to Sydney, Australia. I wish we could have had a little more time at our stops, but I enjoyed stopping in French Polynesia and New Zealand. I was surprised that there were no end of cruise excursions. When we took a Princess cruise to China, Princess had a 3 day trip at the end of the cruise in Beijing. It included a beautiful hotel and sightseeing to the major sights in the area. Princess really took care of us on this end of trip excursion. This cruise had nothing offered at all. We had to schedule our own after cruise activities in Sydney.

The cabin was great with one exception. There were no electrical outlets by the bed, and we always have to get extension chords from our room stewards because More my wife and I both use CPAPs. This is always an inconvenience. Our room steward was excellent.

My wife and I were also very disappointed with the ship's party band. The band was just o.k., but they played the same songs over and over, and many were not dance songs. I was really hoping for another great Filipino band that we had on other Celebrity cruises. We spent very little time in the club dancing and partying because of this. I will never be able listen to "Obla di, Obla da" (and other songs in their repertoire) again because they played them so many times.

We enjoyed the ship's nightly shows. They had mostly very good entertainment. There was only one male singer in the ship's troupe, and we wondered whether the cruise line was skimping on the entertainment or if something happened to the other singers.

The afternoon talks were good. I especially enjoyed Dr. Harry Murphy's talks on Hollywood and the movies. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>