Diamond Princess Cruise Review by sleo

Member Name: sleo
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Beijing
Destination: Asia
See More About: Diamond Princess Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Diamond Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Diamond Princess Deck Plans
Diamond princess is lacking...

Before we went on this trip I read the reviews other people who just came off of the same trip had posted. My thoughts were you can't please everybody and maybe these people are just too picky. I was wrong they were right. I went on the nine day Yenisei river cruise prior to getting on the 17 day Beijing to Singapore cruise. The first day I got into my cabin I woke up and was shaving, my sink overflowed onto my only pair of clean trousers soaking them from top to bottom. I then went to my dresser drawer to remove a pair of clean boxers only to find out that the drawer was never cleaned from of sand from the previous guest. It took me three days to get a hold of the Internet tech. to find out why I could not log onto the Internet. I went up and scheduled three (Male) manicures and found out they charge $60 for each. When I went back up later to cancel them I found out they forgot to even book the time for them. I rented a tuxedo which is supposed to come with two shirts. I didn't receive the second shirt until I complained to 4 different supervisors and had been promised by each I would have the shirt in1hr at the most. I received it about 2 hrs. before dinner. When I did get my tuxedo package even that was missing a cuffling which I wasn't able to get until 30 minutes before I left my room for dinner. My cabin stewart did not replace my sheets until I noticed he had not replace them four days before we departed the ship and that was only because my girl friend had makeup that marked the sheets,comforter and pillow cases. I contacted three different supervisors who were absolutely incapable of understanding or handling any of these issues. After complaining about these issues they offered me free dinners and other amenities which I declined because I can pay my own way I just wanted a clean cabin. I looked at the sheets they replaced and found out that those were also dirty. Call the supervisor up again about the dirty sheets and asked why my cabin Stewart would make a bed that had sheets that were obviously dirty. He could only say he would take care of it.

There were two women's bathrobes in my cabin. the destinations are of the chart great. Except, you only have 45 min. in each place to take pictures, hear you guides info and then try to find where they disappeared to !!!!! The rest of the time your waiting on wheel chaired guest and people who can't walk stairs ect...... Princess SHOULD NOT allow or make a separate trip for slow and or handicapped individuals. I could go on and on but I hope who ever reads this understands what they can expect from Princess.

Publication Date: 11/04/13