Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Rassa

Member Name: Rassa
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Beijing
Destination: Asia
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Repositioning cruise Beijing to Singapore

Overall, I was quite happy with the cruise.

There were 2600 passengers (approx. 800 short of capacity) so nothing was too squeezy. Hate to think what it may be like if the ship was full.

Embarkation was easy.

Cabin - we had an inside looking over the promenade on deck 8. It was wonderful if you don't like an inside cabin and so was the price. We heard very little noise from the promenade and I would book one of those cabins again. The couches in the cabin were looking a little worn but nothing else in the cabin did.

Staff - dining and cabin staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Staff all around the ship were friendly including those in the cake shop.

Food. I would give the food a 4 out of 5. I am vegetarian and there were plenty of options for me. I loved the cake café where one could get tea or coffee any time with a little cake. I only liked the cranola cake but it was there all the time. You could also get fruit and muffins etc. from the cake shop during breakfast time. I loved the fact that the cake shop was central and one could get a cup of tea before going to bed. There was tea/coffee making facilities in your cabin but I preferred the cake shop.

Tea - it was reported the tea RCCL offered was not good but I just used 2 bags of either English breakfast or black tea and it was fine.

Ship - The very expensive merchandise was a joke. Surely, goods priced for most passengers was a better option for RCCL. There were hardly ever any passengers in the watch/jewellery shops and the bag shop. Passengers went crazy over the $25 dollar watches on special but one has to wonder if they lasted. The one watch I wanted wasn't even available so why display the watches that will be on sale if only different styles are offered.

The ship is beautiful and I loved the concept of the ship with the Promenade or mall on deck 5. It was just such a shame the shopping wasn't worth it because everything was too costly. I would cruise the voyager class ships again.

Tours - We went on the Ship tour to Bangkok which was very good. The tour in Singapore with an airport drop off was just so so.

Entertainment - the bands around the ship were excellent. The nightly entertainment was OK but not excellent. The ice skating show was good. As the ship was eventually travelling to Australia, it was good to see Australian entertainers on board.

Pool deck - we enjoyed staying in the solarium which was not fully enclosed but that was OK with us. One had to have the card swiped to get towels but still there were way too many deck chairs saved with towels on them and no people for hours. I saw one attempt of the deck steward noting the time and taking towels away (late in the afternoon). He did not touch deck chairs that had other items on them.

Gym - always got access to a treadmill.

Disembarkation was good but I was on a tour.

Publication Date: 11/04/13