Disney Wonder Cruise Review by RDELAG: Great for kids!
Member Since 2009
Compare Prices on Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean Cruises
Great for kids!
This is my third cruise, first on Disney Cruise Line. The other two cruises were on NCL Pearl and Spirit, which was great.
Disney Wonder is a old ship but really well maintained, you feel is newer. I went with my wife and 2 year old kid, which actually was his birthday onboard. They did a good job celebrating him on dinner.
About the ports, we went to Falmouth, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mx. The best for no excursion plan, is Cozumel without doubt. Jamaica is nice, with the new port and small stores, but not too much to do. Grand Cayman is a classic town with some stores and nice to walk around for a couple of hours. Cozumel as well, but we found more party and restaurants near the port, more stores. We´ve been there on the past cruise, and is a good place to walk around.
Our recomendation is, take a shore excursion if it´s possible on the three of them, if not, there´s not too much to do.
About the Pro´s and More con´s of the ship.
- Great for kids (specially 3 to 14 years old.) my son was 2 and couldn´t enter to most of the things, pool, lab, etc.
- The experience with disney characters (pictures, hugs, etc) are excellent, coninuous and great for kids happiness.
- Cruise is well maintained and cabin was very good (porthole) deck 5 front.
- Shows were great, very well done (disney style).
- Very few things for kids below 3 years old. (only splash zone "tiny", and only nursery club but more focused on- Food was ok to less than ok. (Compared to NCL, was less than OK). On both NCL Pearl adn Spirit, we were amazed with food, on included and specialty restaurants, always. If we rated, NCL 10 points out of 10, Disney 7 out of 10.
- Cabin was good in size and maintenance. The things we found was 2 cockroaches (small ones) one on first day and one on 5th day. (we didn´t expected that).
- The assigned hours (5 45 dinner and 8 30 shows) didn´t work very good for us. (Compared to Freestyle on NCL which you decide when and where)... And also, two shows, Pirates and Farewell, were at 10 30 pm, which was a mess for us with small children (2 yo) which sleeps regularly at 9 pm... we had to leave on both shows at 10 40 because he was crying, beggin to sleep LOL
Overall, we love cruising and I think Disney Wonder is a good choice if bringing kids, if not, NCL will be by far a much better option, for us at least. Also, we considered Freestyle as a great option, now that we compared with scheduled hours, is a EXCELLENT OPTION, Freestyle. Maybe Disney should consider this. Less
Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>