Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by ccouch27: This is a dumpy Days Inn on the water.

ccouch27
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Eastern Caribbean Cruises

This is a dumpy Days Inn on the water.

Sail Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

If upgrading to a luxury room means staying at The Hampton Inn, then this is your cruise ship. If you don't mind sleeping in second rate motels with dirty stained linens and furniture, then this is your cruise ship. My husband and I just returned from the October 19th sailing out of Bayonne NJ. Our first cruise was on The Celebrity Solstice and then last year we sailed Royal Caribbean Allure. DO NOT assume like I did that the Celebrity brand of service and quality would be consistent throughout all of its ships. This is seriously a cheap floating motel. It's not just an old ship, it's a NASTY ship. I don't give a rip about rust stains and what not. I'm talking trash not being picked up in the public areas. Dirty bathrooms with paper towels everywhere and wet nasty floors and sinks. The ONLY time I witnessed crew cleaning the public areas was Friday night before we disembarked the next morning. They were cleaning it for the next cruisers. We had lived with the trash all week. Empty More glasses, lemons, straws, it was disgusting. The bar tenders on this ship are surly, dismissive and one guy at the Martini Bar outright obnoxious. On our two prior cruises, we never had to wait for a drink in the public areas. A server was always eager and available to assist you. This ship had one guy working both decks for the pool area. I was approached a TOTAL of 3 times asking if I needed a drink on this 7 day cruise. Forget going to one of the pool bars. They would be 4 people deep and the bar tenders let you know you were "putting them out". At one point we were sitting in the pool chairs and had just finished a bucket of beers. Clearly the bucket was empty, pool server walks towards us and I assume he's going to ask if we want another bucket of beer. Phish! Of course not, he picked up the empty bucket and kept walking. I called after him and he never looked back. And before someone thinks we were being chintzy, no. We are very generous tippers. I had read before we left that this was an older ship. I thought that would be no big deal because It's Celebrity. BIG MISTAKE.

We paid for a Royal Suite with a butler, yet had to call to request houskeeping to clean the room the first two days...at 3pm. This AFTER we tipped him 20 bucks each morning thinking we would start things off on the right foot. I believe houskeeping to them means moving things around and making the bed. It's was never actually cleaned. I tried to run a bath but brown scum foam was floating on top of the water. I decided against that quickly. I refused to walk barefoot in our suite. Oh! And the love seats in the suite are stained with black, brown and mystery stains. I refused to sit bare legged. This is a dump of a ship with insolent crew. We won't be cruising any ship any time soon, once you realize you've been duped, it's too late. Your on the open sea. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>