Carnival Elation Cruise Review by 5745

Member Name: 5745
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

Nice First Cruise

This was my husband's and my first cruise.

Pros:

Easy to get on and off the Elation (New Orleans). We arrived about 11:30am and had no arrival lines. When we debarked we waited in the Library until our number was announced.

Nice ride down the Mississippi prior to entering the ocean waters.

There was plenty of food at any given time.

Plenty of time to take naps and usually open deck chairs in the Serenity area.

Food areas were clean and well stocked.

Room service was prompt and courteous.

Family friendly comedy show was great!

Waiters were friendly.

We used room service for morning coffee and it was hot.

The Deli was good and we enjoyed the grilled Ruben sandwich.

Cons:

The main deck was crowded and many of the cigarette smokers did not respect the smoking areas.

The Wok Grill area had an abundance of grill smoke on the main deck and food area was crowded.

The food was not very tasty and my husband and I are NOT picky eaters. The eggs in the sit down restaurant were rubbery, the pancakes were hard and could not be cut even with a knife, meats were not seasoned and fish consistently hard and dry etc. But the fruit was good.

We had three days of rough seas, sick passengers, and canceled shows. Fortunately we had taken medicine with us.

The buffet had subpar desserts, powdered eggs, but the French toast was nice.

For the price it was acceptable. It did not live up to the reports of cruises that I had heard from friends. “Veteran cruisers” on this boat said the food was not as good as previous Carnival Cruises they had traveled on. I am going to try another longer Carnival Cruise in January leaving from a different port with a larger ship for comparison. I hope I will be impressed!

Publication Date: 11/04/13