“12 night cruise to fiji and south pacific”
Cruise review of Carnival Spirit

GCruiser82 Carnival Spirit 4 12 night cruise to fiji and south pacific
GCruiser82
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our second cruise as a couple so I haven't got extensive experience but I thought I would share our experience for people with similar experience.

Embarkation was smooth and easy we had 12:30 embarkation time and we were on board within 20 minutes.

The ship was big and I actually liked the decor. The staff were amazing.

Our cabin was an extended balcony on deck 8 (stateroom 8144) and it was a good size and was always clean and tidy thanks to our cabin steward who left towel animals and chocolates on our bed every night.

The food was great. I had read a lot of reviews saying the food quality was poor and only luke warm...these people must find anything to complain about as we thought for what we paid it was great. We ate at the empire dining room for dinner every night and enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and lunch.

We ate at the Nouveau steakhouse the first night and received a complimentary bottle of wine..It was awesome I have never had a piece of meat that melts in your mouth like that ever before. We also did the chefs tabs and I would highly recommend that what an experience!!!!!

The main complaint that we had was the lack of activities in the day, we weren't blessed with the best weather so we found ourselves looking for stuff to do inside the ship and we had options of bean bag throwing or bridge...like really???

We didn't take our kids but we heard mixed reviews from other passengers about the kids club some saying their kids loved it or others could not get their kids to go to kids club. Speaking of kids we found them very well behaved on board!!!

One strange thing we found was that they had the smoking section right next to the kids pool, such a big ship but yet the smoking area was in the worst place.

We didn't do any shore tours as they were expensive, my husband was interested in scuba diving which was advertised on the website shore excursions but when we enquired on the ship they said it wasn't available.

We had a very relaxing holiday but I don't think we would cruise with carnival spirit again.

Carnival Spirit Cruises to the South Pacific
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Spirit Review
Carnival Spirit Cruises to the South Pacific
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?