Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by southernlegalrose: Delightful time

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Delightful time

Sail Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Freedom is a beautiful ship with a staff that is warm, courteous and helpful. Our trip had over 4000 passengers from over 50 countries, but it never felt crowded.

The food was good, and I tried new things.

The pools were marvelous and the atmosphere happy without being too party hardy or crude.

The nightly entertainment worked best when passengers were involved. The professional performances were just ok.

Haiti was lovely. I did the Malfini Beach excursion which takes you to a small natural private beach was so beautiful and peaceful. The excursion is limited to only a few passengers at a time, so it is great for folks who want quiet and maybe a bit of romance.

Falmouth itself is not very appealing, but the Jamaicans that I met were warm and hilarious. Get out of Falmouth and see some of the beauty of the country.

Snorkelled in Grand Cayman and ate afterward fresh seafood at the Paradise restaurant nearby. Just about a perfect More day.

Visited the ruins in Mayan ruins in Mexico which were stunning.

A note to Royal Caribbean: This was the second time that I traveled solo with you. The first time, the crew was great about it and never made me feel uncomfortable in any way. On this cruise, however, several cruise members acted oddly when learning that I was traveling alone. Almost like they pitied me or could not understand why a woman might choose to travel alone. One crew member even announced it at a trivia contest which I did not appreciate. They need a better attitude. I work hard to earn a good living and I am choosing to spend money to vacation with your cruise line. Be positive and keep negative comments away from passengers. That being said, apart from those few crew members, your staff was great, and I had a wonderful time. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>