Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by dmpro1: TOO MANY EXCURSIONS, NOT ENOUGH TIME TO ENJOY THE SHIP

dmpro1

TOO MANY EXCURSIONS, NOT ENOUGH TIME TO ENJOY THE SHIP

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We were a group of 4 woman with a 13 yr old and 9 yr old. We booked Atlantis and the short of it for me is yes the kids enjoyed it, but you don't get there till at least 1pm. Your standing in line once off the ship to get on the bus that took a 1/2 hr at least. Then have a 1/2 hr walk from the front door of Atlantis to the water park. You've already been on your feet a lot the day before, and the night you sail....and you have that same walk back. to be picked up.It's $150 for 1 adult 1 kid for 5 hrs and one of them is walking in and out. The straw market near the ship closes up at 6 so you have no time for that and no time to just explore Nassau. The general consenses of my group was we would have liked to have explored Nassau a little, the straw market is not that great, maybe go to the art museum, Senor Frogs Resturant, but mostly to have had time spend at the beach in Nassau and maybe do some snorkeling. (More about snorkeling to come.)By the time we got back to the ship after More Atlantis we were pretty exhausted. I don't recommend it. We could of saved $450 and had a more relaxed time not rushing to get to everything.

We all felt like we did not have enough time to enjoy and explore the ship. The next day was Coco Cay again we were just too exhausted from Atlantis and the tight schedule and all the walking that we did not want to rush off to Coco Cay. We got there about 12:00. Our kids wanted their hair braided, then we realized lunch, (The barbeque), was ending at 1:30.(Don't miss it because it the best food your going get the entire cruise, it was really good.

We had signed the kids up for the Aqua Park Play area and slide for one hour 2-3, so again had to rush off from lunch find and get to that and it was nothing to write home about. Our kids barely wanted to do it. If anything they liked the slide and you can get that unlimited for I think $12, without the Aqua Park. The aqua park was almost empty it was not like there were a bunch of kids playing because they rent it by the hour.. If choosing the slide know that it is a walk away from the main area if you feel you have to go with your children, you'll have to leave where you are set up at the beach.

The most fun we had was snorkeling, but because we got there late and because we we're booked for the Aqua Park we had to rush to get our equipment and get going. Even though snorkeling is an all day event as you please the last boat back to the ship is at 4:30. We didn't want to leave the beach and didn't want to stop snorkeling. Had we not over booked our previous day and ran ourselves ragged we could have, spent a little time in Nassau come back and enjoy the ship and be more rested for an earlier entry into Coco Cay the next day. It is nice there and we wished we had more time there.

Regarding the coke package for the kids, we bought it for them. The first night one of our kids lost their cup and we could not get her another , we asked. I thought they needed these cups to get cokes. One kids never brought her cup with her and the other lost it. Check before buying it if they can just use their seapass room key to get refills without the cup and only then is it worth it.

The ship was very nice and we we're perfectly happy with our (least expensive) interior rooms called (large interior rooms) we had a joining rooms which were great.I have never cruised without a balcony so was surprised how satisfied I was with our rooms.So was the whole group.

The food is so a 3 on a 1 to 10 scale that you might consider less excursions and meal or two at Chops.

Our room was on the 4th floor just a few doors from the Champagne Bar near the Dinging room which put us between the Pool elevators and the elevators to the Dining room so neither were far away. A lot happens in the Champagne Bar as people go there after and or before dinner and they have bands and events. We loved our location and have heard that if your towards the back of the ship you feel less motion that is why dining rooms are always in the back.

I hope my review helps you out and I wish I had read more prior to sailing. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>