MSC Divina Cruise Review by dorkuss: way too big

way too big

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We normally cruise with Thomson and I know that is thought to be the budget end of the cruise industry. This time we chose MSC and the new ship Divina, so 4 of us (2 couples) eagerly boarded the ship in Venice. Embarcation was long but reasonably well organised. We were very impressed by our Balcony cabin. Also the whole ship was more glamorous that we were used too so we were very happy.

That is where it ended, the Ports were very remote..we never arrived at them on time or left them on time. No information given when arriving at the ports except for MSC excurtions. Never had much time to do anything. Then came the mealtime experience. Wow I have never seen so many people at one time trying to clamber for food. Coffee, food and utencills were very often missing in action. Once at breakfast I could find no coffee at any of 3 stations so asked at the bar, I was very rudely told "go to the machines" while he served only the chosen few with fresh coffee..he could not have liked More my face. I complained to one of the Manager types and to his credit he got us coffee himself. I have never come across such rude,greedy and arrogant people in any of the cruised I have previously gone on.

Food quality I felt was very poor, even in the supposedly fine dining room, one night we had deep fried pork chop and chips!!!. Stage shows were good,but everywhere on the ship we went there was constant noise, loud music from every lounge, loud people as well so the combination did not make for relaxation. I am glad we tried another cruise line it has made us realise that the so called budget end has a lot going for it especially the food, the previous cruises had us looking forward to our evening dining experience, I am afraid this one had us dreading it.

Last comment, we resented being told what to fill in on the questionnaire. Please put excellent and not just good was the cry of the day. Sorry but I prefer to be honest. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>