Golden Princess Cruise Review by Guesszoo: Princess String of Errors - Disappointing :(

Golden Princess 3
Guesszoo
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Princess String of Errors - Disappointing :(

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I was under the impression that Princess LInes were a cut above the bottom where I believed Carnival was at - I was wrong. The errors were non-stop:

Embarkation was delayed an hour for no stated reason so we stood waiting because all the seats in the waiting area were taken.

I had pre-ordered several things: some arrived (roses, chocolates, all-you-can-drink cup), some didn't (two 6-packs of beer and two decks of cards).

Our confirmed "romantic table for two" in the early dining group turned out to be two seats at a table of eight so we switched to "anytime dining."

My room key stopped working the first morning.

The Piazza/Atrium area was always understaffed - we NEVER were asked for our drink order and had to go to the bar on our own.

The buffet in the Horizon Court was small with little selection, undercooked scrambled eggs, cold pancakes, no mayonnaise (had to be "special requested"

No little "towel animals" for us More after room cleaning.

Too many "costs extra" options like the adult area of the ship.

The good news is that the mini-suites were a good size and the workers were all very pleasant and accomodating. Less

Published 11/03/13

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Golden Princess Mexican Riviera Cruises

Cabin review:

Nice large area with balcony. The bathroom was large as well.

Guesszoo
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X