Thomson Dream Cruise Review by chev6781

Member Name: chev6781
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Hi de Hi

I regard myself as an experienced cruise traveller having worked and holidayed on quite a lot of ships and I can safely say that the Thomson Dream is probably the worst ship I have travelled on!

I travelled with 3 other 1st time cruisers and unfortunately none of them would have any inclination to go on another cruise due to the lack of their expectations.

1st and foremost was the lack of variety in the food department, and the quality was very poor,for example,a mixed grill in the Orion restaurant consisted of a veal burger (yes burger), a Cumberland sausage and a small piece of chicken!

The entertainment was something that you would expect in Butlins though many passengers seem to enjoy that sort of thing. I personally think that when the star of the cruise is Maurice Grumbleweed then that says it all!

There was a suspected outbreak of the dreaded norovirus and, though I can appreciate the ship had to take precautions, it was quite obvious to me that the ship needs to learn a better way to cope with this as I witnessed people standing for up to 40 minutes at the buffet as they could not serve themselves! By the way, I met 1 of the so called suspects who had been quarantined for 2 days and it turned out that they were seasick!

I paid for an outside cabin on deck 7 and found a rust rimmed window that I could hardly see out of due to the double glazing seal been broken and all I could see was condensation, though the cabin itself was good!

All in all the staff were very pleasant though quiet obviously very tired due to the long hours they had to work.

I felt the whole cruise was not value for money in comparison to other ships and would definitely NOT recommend the Thomson Dream to anyone!

Publication Date: 11/03/13