Wonderful Cruise, but horrible food: Coral Princess Cruise Review by pappster3
Overall Member Rating
Wonderful Cruise, but horrible food
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
A few items that I would have liked to be a better experience:
1) FOOD - it was just horrible--anytime dining was the best, but the quality of the food was poor. Salty, undercooked, overcooked and just not a wide variety. I would have rather paid a fee for a good steak then have them serve meat that wasn't filled with filler (burgers at grill - disaster);. Pizza station was great, make you own pizza-wonderful. Speciality Bayou Cafe worth the 20 pp for a GREAT steak--filet and strip outstanding--Sabitinis Lobster 3 ways--undercooked and not work 25--strip steak was good. Italian night served all German food--Mexican night had American food. Cold for the most part most nights.
2) STAFF/SERVICE--EXCELLENT--Princess know how to train the staff. Only had on issue where a bar server wouldn't go up on More the 15th deck to get drinks cause it was too far to go--otherwise--best service I have seen in a long time.
3) ROOMS-Balancy room was good size and closet good size. Bathroom way too small-a full size person (140 lbs) could not even turn around in that shower.
4) PEOPLE-wonderful mix of americans and Europeans--all age; majority was over 50, but that made it even better--be an old soul and you will meet the most amazing people.
5) Excursions-stay away from the all day Panama boat transit--we we suck on the boad for almost 11 hours and it cause the ship not be able to leave port. --Again this is where I think Princess has got customer service down--got a 65% refund to all and didn't even have to request it. Surprisingly Cartenga was very enjoyable city tour--its was really hot and humid but the bus had great air conditioning.
Large stateroom, but the small shower I have even seen. Even a 135lb person couldn't move around in that shower. Large closet space and enough room to store all your clothes. Balcony is very small. Two chairs and a small table.
Not the best from Princess
A Great Cruise On a Fantastic ...
Time to RELAX
Land and Sea - southbound
Alaska a great destination, bu...