Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by larn796

Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: larn796
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Great Itinerary

I chose this cruise because of the ports visited. I made my own arrangements for Newport, Boston and St John and took the ship's tours in Bar Harbor, Halifax and Quebec.. Embarkation in Brooklyn went very smoothly. We were in our Princess Grill suite just after Noon, with most of our luggage waiting for us. Since the flight to JFK is only an hour from my home, we flew in that morning. We used Arecibo for transport to the pier. The $45.00 fare is very reasonable. Pick up was within 30 minutes after I called.

After checking out the suite, we decided to have lunch in the Golden Lion. All of our other meals were in the Princess Grill dining room. The dining room staff was exceptional and went out of their way to accommodate special requests. I felt that the food preparation was very good.

Our stateroom attendant, Euggie was very good in servicing the suite. I have no complaints regarding morning or evening service.

Ports of Call: Newport I arranged a tour on my own with a stop at the Breakers. Boston I have visited many times and took the shuttle to Quincy Market. It was nice to just walk around. Bar Harbor, we took the ship's tour through Acadia National Park, with a stop for blueberry pie. St John, we walked around town. Halifax, we took the ship's tour to Peggy's Cove for some great photo ops. Quebec City was the highlight of the trip with a trip to St Anne De Beaupre and Montmorency Falls. Because this was a two day stop, We were able to do a lot of exploring the old town on our own. This is definitely a destination that I would like to return for a longer stay.

The on board entertainment was generally very good. We especially enjoyed the shows in the Royal Court that included the dancers and singers. I really enjoyed the Elio Pace shows. What an entertainer.

Disembarking went very smoothly, I contacted Arecibo and was picked up within 15 minutes for the ride to JFK.

Publication Date: 11/03/13