Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Lynchmob510

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Lynchmob510
Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Member Name: Lynchmob510
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

My first cruise, but definitely not my last!

My husband and I just returned from a 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Freedom of the Seas. I am addicted to cruising! We live in Florida and arrived the night before, staying at the Radisson in Port Canaveral. They have a great "cruise, park, and shuttle" which included a nice breakfast.

Once aboard, we felt very relaxed, and I was very impressed with how clean the ship was, how professional the staff was, and how pleasant everyone was. Embarkation (and debarkation) were very orderly, and took no time at all. We met some really nice people, both fellow travelers and staff. Our stateroom attendant, Supri...was THE BEST! We had a balcony room, on Deck 9, starboard side. We got up early each morning, walked a few miles on the running trail, then headed to the Windjammer for breakfast. The food is fine there and we liked having a big choice in the buffett. We went to the dining room one evening, and it was nice also, but we are pretty laid back people who preferred the casual atmosphere. The attendants there were AWESOME. I just have to say that everyone we encountered were so nice, and couldn't do enough to please you and make sure you had a wonderful cruise. Shoutout to Ya Ya, Bobby, and Ariel...bar staff in the SkyBar on Deck 12 by the pool. They were awesome...really great people, and gave us great tips about the islands we were about to visit.

If I had to have one negative comment, it would be that I wish they had a non-smoking casino as well as one for the smokers. It got very smoky in there...but that's a personal preference. All in all, we had a great vacation and we joined the Anchor and Crown Society and are looking forward to our next RCI cruise!

Publication Date: 11/03/13