Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by 3pellegrinis: What a wonderful trip!

3pellegrinis
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

What a wonderful trip!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

This trip was my first time overseas, and I traveled with 3 other people. 3 of us stayed in a Jr. Suite, which was very comfortable. A very large closet, and full size bathtub, more than enough storage for 3 women! A wonderful balcony of the Starboard side with 4 chairs and a table, which we used everyday! The ship has recently been refurbished, and I found it to be quite nice. My one complaint about the new design is that they use the Centrum frequently for entertainment, which is fine, but the R Bar, and Vintages are both located around the Centrum and before dinner if you want to meet anyone for drinks, the music is usually too loud to have a conversation with someone. I would like to see them have a lower volume before dinner, and rock out later. Entertainment was good, and varied from singers to hypnotists, to magicians and dancers. The crew was great, very energetic and helpful. We had my time dining, which worked out very well, although you don't get to connect with your waiter More like you would on regular seating since you may not have the same one twice.

This was a very port intensive itinerary, with stops in Cannes, Livorno (Florence), Civitavecchia (Rome), Kusadasi, Pireus (Athens), Santorini, and Naples (Salerno)!

AMAZING!

There are so many things you need to see, you'll need to do this trip twice! haha Do not miss Ephesus in Kusadasi. We did private/shared tours in every port, and it was great. Trying to keep straight everything we saw is difficult...Leaning tower, David, Tuscany, Ponte Vecchio, Cathedrals galore! The Forum, the catacombs, the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, the Vatican, Trevi Fountain, Ephesus, Mary's House, Oia, the Pantheon, The Parthenon, the Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Posiedon, the Temple of Artemis, the list goes on and on!

This is a great trip to get a taste of the Med, and you are going to want to go again! Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>