Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by doones2

Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Bermuda

Sorry I left you RCCL

First thing I have to say is Bermuda was beautiful and never disappointed me or my husband. We decided to take this cruise because of the convenience of driving to the port and not having to deal with airports. We cruised with another couple who are good friends. This was our 10th cruise.

The good things about the cruise and the ship besides Bermuda were the crew. Very friendly and helpful. We also liked the food in Aqua, Moderno, and Blue Lagoon. We enjoyed all the entertainment and of course being able to watch the Red Sox.

We couldn't believe how small the balcony room was and how small the balcony was. Two chairs and a tiny table filled the balcony. Now I know why you cant order a hot breakfast because where the heck would you eat it. What they called a couch was really only a large chair. I cant imagine 3 people sharing that cabin. When my hubby was sitting at the desk he would have to move or I would have to climb over the bed to get to the balcony.

The food and ambience was awful in the Garden Café for lunch and dinner. It was like eating in a hospital cafeteria. Tried the Venetian for breakfast once and all 4 of us received the wrong order. Tried the Venetian for dinner once and found the service slow. I guess the worst was debarkation. People were still getting off the ship at 11:00. Worst debarkation I have ever seen.

I realize that for some people what I just complained about would not stop them from cruising with NCL, but I find it very important that my room is comfortable and the food is at least tasty. That's why I will be cruising with RCCL or Celebrity again.

Publication Date: 11/03/13