Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by krUzer62

Member Name: krUzer62
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Nieuw Amsterdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Nieuw Amsterdam Deck Plans
We won't sail Holland America again

CONS:

1. Worst coffee ever!!!!!!

2. After a wonderful performance of Cantare, a group of 5 amazing male singers, I met the singers and purchased their CD for $20 because I enjoyed their voices so much. Upon returning to my cabin, I was shocked and dismayed to see that the artists on the Cantare CD were not the same men we saw in the performance. They led us to believe the CD was made by them. Granted, the songs were the same as they performed, but the artists were all other performers. When I tried to return the CD for a $20 credit, I was given a very hard time which continued long after we had returned home. My husband and I spent hours on the phone with Holland America trying to get the charge removed from our credit card. We were finally successful, but we feel it was a simple situation made ridiculously difficult by the cruise line.

3. The music played at the Seaview pool was horrible! It sounded more like Muslim wailing than music. We definitely did not enjoy it.

4. TV in our room was terrible. There were very few channels and choices, and the remote was extremely user unfriendly. The TV came with a built-in DVD player, but nowhere on the ship was there a DVD lending library.

5. The customer service staff was very cold, stiff, unfriendly, and not helpful.

6. Not a good value; too expensive for what we received

7. Food just average.

PROS:

1. The cabin, entertainment, and dining room staffs were great.

2. The ship was very stable even in rough seas.

Publication Date: 11/03/13