Safari Quest Cruise Review by kstawicki: Spoiled for anything else

Spoiled for anything else

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: British Columbia
Embarkation: Seattle

This was my first cruise of any kind and I'm afraid I'll have to stay with Un-Cruise for my future trips. I was on their smallest ship, the 22 passenger Quest. We were not full so there were fewer than 2 passengers for each crew member. The crew was friendly, welcoming and helpful. Cabin was very comfortable; memory foam mattresses, heated floors in the bathrooms. Common areas were very spacious and homey. Activities were varied and plentiful. With a group so small, there is no need for sign-up sheets for activities. We could all kayak together if we wanted. The crew brought provisions on shore and we had happy hour at the base of Chatterbox falls with a bonfire while Monica serenaded us with Irish tunes on her fiddle. A terrific end to a most wonderful day. The food was plentiful and well prepared. You can't go hungry. Freshly baked cookies in the afternoon. Desserts with lunch as well as dinner. There was a choice of both a meat and seafood entrée at dinner, or you could have More some of both. The chef had no problem satisfying special orders, whether it was for food allergies or personal preferences, he'd make it just for you. I can highly recommend Un-Cruise and can say without doubt that I will be sailing with them again. Less

Published 11/03/13

Read more Safari Quest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Safari Quest Review >>

Cabin review:

Cabin was spacious with good storage; good size closet and dresser. There was a viewing window. The cabin was near the kitchen, which just meant I woke up every morning to the smell of bacon. One early morning woke up by the anchor being raised but some things can't be avoided.

Butchart Gardens

Because of the late season, the Rose Garden was not in bloom but the beautiful fall colors from the seasonal mums and changing maple trees made up for it. The cruise line made sure we arrived early in the day when the crowds were few, making for optimal photo opportunities. Our expedition leader, Ian, was a great tour guide. They also provided High Tea at the gardens, which was interesting but not quite what I expected. Glad for that opportunity but wouldn't do it again.

kstawicki
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?